Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sermon in Church

Last Sunday, i went to church, and the priest talked about the motivation to do good things. It reminded me a lot about the book Drive, by Daniel Pink. I don't remember what the Gospel was... I may have been day dreaming during that part :/. But during his sermon he brought up the reason why the good samaritan stopped for the person in need, and why others didn't. What drives some people to do good, and why do other people lack this type of motivation? My priest did not have an answer for this,but it was interesting to hear him talk about it. He said that we need to strive to make the world a better place, and that we should do things to help people just because its one step closer to a better world.

I also just wanted to comment on the way my church is decorated. The church I go to is a very modern catholic church. It is a big wide open room, with cushioned folding chairs (no pews). But all over the walls are big posters of what the Sunday School kids are learning, the children created these posters, so they are bright and colorful. There are also big sheets of fabric the drape across the ceiling, its very beautiful and quite pleasing to the eye. Because of the way my church is decorated, it becomes a very welcoming environment. When the children come to church, they see their work of art and are proud of it, and i think that it enhances their faith, they see church as a creative and interesting place to be, instead of a boring place where they are forced to go every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment